Saturday, January 14, 2012

Steinbach Week 13: Day 1: Sept 30: Library, Work Partners, YOUTUBE!!!!!, and childishness

Woke up at 7:30am, ate raisin bran with yogurt, then Michelle and I did some yoga/streching. XD

Next, everyone piled into the van, and we went to the library for a tour, unfortunately, due to renovations and stuff, they weren't taking a volunteer. The library was also having a "Catch Your Family Reading" Contest, where you submit a picture of someone reading and you could win one of 3 flip video cameras. The contest was for Family Week. (Steinbach has spmething like the highest average of books read per year per person.)

Then we did some work partner tours! We saw Rest Haeven - a retirment home, Anna's House - a resource center for pergnant women and young moms, 55+ - where Meals on Wheels operated, and the Meninnite Heritage Museaum.

Unfortunately, it was the last day the outside portion of the museaum was going to be open. After we finished our formal tour, though, Hilary let us have 20min until 12pm to run around and look at ever thing.  IT WAS SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They actually had quite a lot of land, and they have this AWESOME fully-functional wooden windmill!!! (A remade version, as the original brunt down, but they bulit the new one using only wooden pegs and stuff!!!!!! O.o) They had a resturant that sold German/Ukraine food, and a General Store, where I bought some candy sticks and of flour made at the windmill!!!!! I'm going to freeze it so I can take it home to Dad! >//< I also bought some stuff for Michelle, who paid me back when we got home, and I contributed one dollar to Gordon when he bought some porogies, so I could have one. It was very tasty.

Then we went home for lunch, which was salade with hemp seeds, veggie soup, and we even had STORE BOUGHT CRACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!! O.o............wierd. Brandon gave me a watermelon flavored rockcandy. It was very sweet!

Then Mitch, a former Katima-victim, came over and gave us a bike workshop. We all cliamed bikes (mine was a nice red retro one without air breaks XP) and checked them to make sure they were safe to ride, then took 'em for a test drive. I'll need some more partice, seeing as I haven't used a bike in 6yrs, but I'll be okay.

Then I went on the computer for a bit and OMGZ!!!!!!!!!!! WE HAVE FLASH PLAYER!!!!!!! And that means YOUTUBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD I went nuts! After a while though, I switched with Catherine and I went to cut some veggies for dinner. After that, half the group took off with Hilary to run some errands, so I grabbed a map of Steinbach and took the oppurtunity to go look for the church I wanted to attened on Sunday. I took my player, and ate a peppermint candy stick on the way. It only took me 20mins to walk to the church, and it was right next door to SAC!!

Then I headed home, and at one point saw Vince leaving for a walk of his own! XD THen I could see setting in the park directly ahead, and started running towards it for no particular reason. It was a bit awckard to run though with my pockets weighted down.

So I hung around in the park for a bit. Sang a little here, danced a little there, spun around in circles, laid down in the grass......generally acted like a kid. That park really reminds of the park that was by my house when my family lived on 19C Camerone Cres though. .......What with the hill.....^_^

After that I went home and played in the sand box.
Yes, we have a sand box.

Dinner was fired rice and a salade made out of beats and feta. The Porject Support Leader(PSL) and PL (from St Pierre-Joilly) came over and highjacked Papa Hil.

I played Twister with Catherine, Gordon and Justin for around an hour. Then I went to have some of Michelle's hot chocolate, but turns out it was actually Oveltine.  Ate some bread and butter (no margarine.....) and some home-stlye rashpberry jam from Main Bread and Butter.

Then I helped Talia do her strach and wins.......I don't think any of them one........*shrugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment