Thursday, December 29, 2011

Week Tweleve: Day 7 : Sept 29 : More Group Travel!! Arrival in Steinbach, and work tours.

My alarm went off at 5:30am. Michelle and I relucatntly got up and packed our bags. Then we went to the lobby, grabbed the curtousy breakfeast (I had a blueberry muffin, a cinnamon pastry, a bagel with cream cheese and some appel juice.), and then checked out. Michelle and I caught the 6am shuttle with Catherine and Cindy. the others were all going to get there stuff together and checkout, 'cause they'd been out all night visiting Cindy's family.

When we got the airport, we got our tickets, and I paid $22 to check a second bag. We even ran into the group that was headed to Chisasibi and had just come from Steinbach!!!! Two of the girls in that group were from the Queen Charollet islands!!! Which I thought was just so funny, 'cause I had recently finished "The Golden Spruce", and now I wanna go there!!!!!!!!!! >.<

Then we headed over to security, and I forgot to empty my water bottel!!!! Luckily the gruad/attenand person let me chug it. -.- Blauh! After that though, I set off the metal detector, so they had me go in the swirly x-ray machein thingy.....and I can't figure out for the life of me what set it off!!!! o.O

On the 1st flight, I sat next to Catherine, in an Isle seat by the emergancy exit. It was really sad thoguh, because it was only 2minutes before we started our decent when she and I reliezed we could watch movies!!!!! o.O We really wanted to watch Cars 2.

We had and hour and a half lay-over in Toronto. They have a very nice airport! I ate a blueberry scone from starbucks, and I was super lucky that it was under $3 because that was all the cash I had left! AND my debit card wasn't working!!!! It hadn't worked in Montreal, so I had to pay the $20 extra-bag fee with cash! >.<

Our flight to Winnipeg got slightly delayed, but it was fun sitting around in the airport. We must've looked like a pretty interesting group!!! XD

Once we got on the plan, there was an issue with a family of four wanting to sit together, and then a couple who had those seats still wanting to sit together, as a result, I ended up moving. I still had a window seat though. So no big deal. *shurgs* I got to watch Cars 2 and OMGZZ!!!!! >.< It was so EPIC!!!! XD

Then we were in Winnipeg! Alice the PC was there to pick us up with one of her friends. Us girls were really mean though, 'cause we all introduced ourselves with the wrong names......>.< I went by Michelle. But we all pilled in the van and headed for Steinbach, which was roughly an 1-2hrs drive.

When we got the house, the 1st thing I did was claim a bed, and I got a bottom bunk!!!!! XD YES!!!!! No more jumping up and down!!! Not that I would've needed to, 'Cause both beds had things next to them you could climb on, but it was nice all the same. Then we had lunch, which was like a wrap-thing. Mine had cucumber and tomato and lettuce and 3 kinds of delie meat! XD. I even had a little bit of mustard. Then there was CAKE and garnola!!!!!!! >//<


Then I changed into the new shrit I bought at Northeren for the work tours, which made no differance 'cause I wore a sweater. 1st we visited El'Dad Ranch, where the treated us to cookies and juice. There were some dogs there too, even COWS!!!!! O.o Then we went to SAC - the Steinbach Arts Council, which is basically a rec center, but for the arts instead of sports. They have two possision there. One for the per-school and one for the office.

XD I snagged TONS of borchures. LOL

Then we got home. I unpacked my stuff, changed the sheets on my bed, grabbed another sweater and some "play" glasses from the over group's "leave behind" box. Then I started some laundry. Then I went to the park out back and had some alone-time. And yes, there was singing involved. ;)


Dinner was  4 cheese vegitarina lasuanga with salade and garlic bread. There was also some super wicked tea the Hilary, our new PL , made. I claimed a new cup! I checked the comp really quick, and then we had a meeting to discuss our 72hrs off that we'd be having over Thankgiving weekend. I might miss out on the big meal after all. T.T After that I had a shower.

AND NOW I CAN START ATTENDING CHURCH AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD

No comments:

Post a Comment