Sunday, December 18, 2011

Chisasibi Week Tweleve: Day 6: Sept 28: Locked down! Saying Good-bye, and the Complications of Group Travel!

I woke up at 7:30am, and was gonna go back to sleep, but when checked my phone for the time, it said it was "locked"!!!! And today we are travelling!!!!! O.o Oh boy! So I spent an hour starting to write out all the possible 4 digit codes and entering them into my phone. T.t I ate some bread with cream cheese and the last of the fruit salade with yogurt and vector, then went on comp for a bit, and weighed all my bags again. Then I went at the phone problem for another hour. So much number crunching!!!!! o.O

Brunch was French toast, baccon, melon, and grapes. Then I cleaned the girl's bathroom, helped bring in the food donations from the night before, and started loading the van with luggage. I went with the 1st load of bags to the airport, to watch 'em and stuff. I checked my bags right away, but then we had some complications with how'd they'd get transferred to our other plane. We worked it out though. Chris came with the rest of the group, and we tried to have Hippy Time, but ended up having to leave for our plan. (Dran CGT!!!! Because it got postponed our schedule got all messed up T.t) I did get to hear what Chris wanted to say to me though, and he gave me the chocolate to split between the group later.

As we left the run way, I looked back at the airport, and I could see a bunch of people lined up by the fence watching the plane take off. It was all our friends (I know 'cause of Chris' bright red shirt.) THere was Chris, Jack and Elizabeth, Julia and Melony, and I think Colette was there too. Safe to say Michelle cried when I pointed it out to her.

Unfortunately, our trip was not ll that smooth, I mean, as far as being up in the air, we were fine, but there were some major delays when we got into VAl d'or. (Air Creebec did at least feed us lunch though.) Catherine called the travel service line for Katimavik,and we told them we were more than likely going to miss our Montreal Flight to Winnipeg. They said to call them back as soon as we could, but that wouldn't be till we landed in Montreal. As we were landing, there was some confusion the group as to whether or not we wanted the flight attendant to try and get us off the plane 1st. I told her not to bother, but we decided to try to get to our gate anyway. We made it, only to find out that the Winnipeg flight had been delayed by an hour!!!!!! We totally could've made it! But, as fate would have it, Katimavik had already gone ahead and cancelled our tickets and couldn't re-instate them.

We all went to the baggage claim, and grabbed our stuff. We met Vincent's parents, and waited for the shuttle to take us to the same in I had stayed in the 1st night with Talia.I waited for the second shuttle, because we couldn't all fit in one.

Catherine made a LOT of phone calls for us that night. There was some "tension", okay, well lots of tension, in the group.

When we got to the hotel, I had a room with Michelle. After we set our stuff in order, she went off with Justin to see about the mourning shuttle and calling her parents. I sat down and started journalling, then Catherine came in and turned on the TV.  ( She didn't want to be alone in her room.) She and I proceeded to have a very emotional heart-to-heart about the whole day, and how stressful it had been, especially for her, because she had made all the phone calls and stuff for us. She even called me a Psychologist at one point! XD

After a while, Michelle and Justin came back, then we all trucked over to the vending machine to get some sustenance! I got sun chips and a raisin oatmeal cookie! XD

I think travelling in a group of 10 is a bit hectic. Maybe 2-4 would be good, but such a big group is a bit......challenging I guess.

OH YEAH!!!!!! I got my phone unlocked while we were flying out of Val d'or on Air Creebec. The number was 2412, which was the last 4 digits of my phone number. Chris had tried to give them to me earlier, 'cause we had the suspicion that might be the default, but he gave me the wrong number. *shrugs* Either way! I got my phone unlocked, and then reset it, so it wasn't locked any more.  And yes, I did write out all the codes up to 2412 by hand.........I guess it's pretty reasonable that the others called me crazy! XP

1 comment:

  1. It's so true Sarah! A lot of details in this journal, good job. Catherine

    ReplyDelete