Sunday, December 18, 2011

Chisasibi Week Tweleve: Day 5: Sept 27: Chisasibi's Got Talent!!

UP at 8:30am. Ate taco meat, bell peppers and cheese. We started taking stuff down off the walls, and washing them. Chris was a little miffed that we weren't reading the instructions on the cleaning supplies.....Ooops.

For lunch we had butter tarmagine and couscous. I went on the comp for a bit, then around 2:45pm, I went over to the school, which had finally re-opened. I tried to find Janie and talk about the leather, but she was in a meeting. Naydine wasn't in the Library either, so I still have her spare keys...When I got back to the house, Jack and Elizabeth were there with their kids. After they left, we started plating food up for tonight for our healthy canteen.

Dinner was bread with PB and honey and fruit salade. Then Chris went off to pick up the GRAND CHIEF OF JAMES BAY!!!!!!!! He was at LG1 and was willing to judge for us, he just needed to be picked up! Unfortunately, that left us in a bit of a lurch, with no one to take us to set up the space, Luckily Colette stopped by (she had some of our food I think) and she graciously drove Gordon, Talia, and I to the Mitchwap Centre. We were able to set up chairs, and the sound guys where there, but we hadn't really been prepared to start registering people, but they started showing up, so we did.

Finally! The rest of the group showed up, and we got all the food and everything else set up! After that, we still had to wait like 20min for CHISASIBI'S GOT TALENT to start. I was a runner near the beginning, literally!!! I was running to get more chairs!!! It was SO packed, we even had people who crowded in the back and stood the whole time! I was a little stressed out the near the beginning, but we had such a good turn out, and everything went so well, that I couldn't help but rock out with everyone else!!!! And omgz!!!! CHISASIBI HAS GOT TALENT!!!!!!!!!! woot woot!!! XD My fav act was probably when one of the girls from Gordon's billet family and her friend went up and danced to "Its a hard knock life" from Annie!!! XD

After the we sang our song and gave out the prizes, man you should've seen the rush for the door when we said it was over! *rolls eyes* We did some clean up...well.....I didn't help as much as I probably should have......The Northern lights were out when we headed home. Had a shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment