Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Catching Up Part 2

(....wow, typing it all up really makes it seem.....hectic?)

So, I applied in January. While waiting to see if I got accepted, my Mom and I checked out the porgram further.

The 1st disappointment: We discovered that the 9 month course was gone, and only the 6 month was available.
The 2nd disappointment: Participants were selected by draw, not by merit or application.
The 3rd disappointment: There were no September departure dates, only July.

Safe to say, by this point, I was thoroughly agitated by the whole process. Then March rolled around, and I didn't get selected. Second selections were in April (in case someone had to drop out), so we waited. Again, I didn't make it. So I basically wrote the whole thing off, and started making new plans for the summer and September.

Then May happened. I was at school when I got the text from my Mom. Katimavik had called. I was in.

And, surprisingly enough, I was excited again. I got over my "thing" form earlier, and was actually looking forward to it again.

So, maybe God delayed my selection so I'd have better head-space. XP Which is cool with me, because now I'm actually enjoying it, whereas I might have dropped out before or simply had a horrid time, seeing as I don't like quitting.

(By the way, I am a Christian, so if God and stuff gets mentioned often, you're just gonna have to deal. ;P )

No comments:

Post a Comment