Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Catching Up

So, I decided today after reading someone else's Katima-blog that I would set up my own. However, considering I leave in just under a week, this is kind of a late start. That being said, the next couple posts will be a rundown of the back story and how I ended up here.

This basically all started in my Planning 11 class last year (2010) when I realized I wasn't going to be able to afford post-secondary education. I'd been wanting to take a year off  anyway, so the shock of it wore off pretty quick. However, the question now arouse of what to do next. Get a job, travel, or apply for a program of some kind. Then Mom remembered a program that one of her sisters had looked into, almost 30 years ago! This program was Katimavik, and it was still up and running.

So we checked it out. I fell in love with it almost immediately. I was hyped about traveling Canada, and 9 months in 3 communities sounded epic! We waited till January 2011, then signed me up!

They even called in Feburary to ask if I wanted to do the winter rotation! But I hadn`t graduated yet. XD

We would have to wait till March for 1st selection to see if I got in, but until then I was pumped! I was wishing so hard to go North and East, and to a Francophone community.

Then things got a little negative.

No comments:

Post a Comment