Saturday, November 5, 2011

Chisasibi Weel Twelve: Day 2: Sept 24: Debrife! and The Last Sweat

I got up at 7:30am, ate some left over breakfast sasuage, and went ot make some bread, but because there was a risk of the water being contamiated (from river) I boilded it. I didn't wait long enough for it to cool back down though, and I think I must have killed the yeast. .....oops. I ate some yogrut with a plum and some gramm cracker crumbs in it, which was very tasty. Then I went on the computer for a bit.

At 9am, Michelle woke up, and she, Chris and I  all hopped in the van to go get water from a natural spring that was 40km away. (We had to get speacial primission from head office because it was so far, but they approved it due to the circumstances.) Catherine was going to come, but then she slept in.

I really enjoyed the trip though. Chris even took Michelle and I for a little bonus, but that's a secert. ;) (It was so sweet though!!!!!! XD) The well we went to was an Artision well, which was basically a pipe sticking out of a hill, with water constantly coming out of it. It was so cool!!!!! XD Literaly too!!! I stuck my head under and had a drink, it was so refreshing!!!!! I slpashed my face too, and OMGZZZZZZ there is nothing like it!!! WE filled up two big containers, and then a couple small jars. And I don't know about you, but I loved that exprienace, it was epic! XD

On the ride back, I sat shotgun, and the three of us had some pretty good discussion.

WHen we got home, it was obvious that my bread did NOT rise, and wasn't going to. So I just baked it into a kind of flat bread thingy. For lunch, we had Mac and cheese, and there was also the leftover mushroom pork and leftover hashbrowns. GOrdon and I did lunch dishes.

After lunch, CHris persented us with his de-brife scheduale, and after some discussion, we did our reflection for CCK that after noon. It envolved us drawing pictures about what CCK had been, what it was now, and what we hoped it would be, or "awesome" vs. "not awesome". We were put in groups, I was with Brandon and Vincent, and we each did our own sets. Mine was all about bread, considering my fail from that morning. I think my pics came out pretty good though. I didn't think CCK had ever been awesome yet though, so I titled the 1st picture "not awesome" and it was dead bread and some pieces of carcol, which might have been cookies, and two people crying. It was also drawn with very drak colours. The 2nd picture was titled "slightly less not awesome" or "aka better" and that was a picture was of two loavs of bread, which you could at least eat, the two poeple weren't crying, and there was a littel more colour envovled. The last piture was "The futrue? AWESOME!!!!!" and had two beautiful loavs of bread, some bannopck, some cookies, and some pie. There were tons of colours, and a TON of poeple all ready to party! XD

(The reason I explained the pics was 'cause I liked them, but let Chris keep them.)

After wards, everybody went over what they had drawn. There were some very......interesting contirbutions.
Then I tired making some more bread. While it was rising I went out back and sang. WhenI went in to check the bread, I went out front after, because Justin was meditating in the back............yeah. I mean, this group is great and all, but it would be kind of neat if when you went to the next community you got a whole new group of people. I snacked on the 1st batch of bread.

Dinner was rice, stry-fired veggies, and chicpea salade. I did some prep-work, and then the group left for our activity -the last sweat in Chisasibi.

This sweat was very, intence, I think God might have actually spoke to me. .......If you wantto know more I'll tell you in person, because I don't really want to post the details. This sweat was definetly the hottest I'd been to, and I still never laid dwon during a round. CAtherine and MIchelle both recived their spriti names.

When we got home, Brandon had cooked my bread for me (I think he stayed home 'cause he was sick....) but it had a HUGE air bubble in the top.......it looked really funny......I ate some bread with butter ans chocolate chips, had a shower, then ate some maccaroni.

No comments:

Post a Comment