Saturday, October 8, 2011

Chisasibi Week Ten: Day 1: Sept 9 : Tree Planting, Moccasins and Billetting Cont.

Up at 7am for a shower. Breakfast was cronflakes with a strawberry yop and 2 pieces of bread with PB and Jam. A bit later I also had a toasted bagel with cream cheese. ......I feel bad about eating so much now though. I mean, I already knew that girls tend to gain weight on Katimavik 'cause they eat more, and I don't really care about weight gain myself, but I'm the kind of person where once you point it out, I notice.......

Before leaving for work, we watched some mantracker.

For the 1st 15mins of work, I was running around the school, trying to get a confrimation for when the bus, that was taking some kids tree-planting, would leave.I ended up talking with Judith (the 1st teacher I helped in the school! XD) The bus was going to leave at 1pm like I thought. So after that I went back to the library and finished stamping, stickering and barcoding all the books from yesterday. There were also a couple classes that came in and checked stuff out.

I went for lnch right at 11:45am, amd had leftovers from dinner, plus an apple. Talia stopped by, and we chatted, then I went dwonstaris to do some blogging, but my keys were in my bag with my journal, which was locked in the office.........so Iw ent back upstairs and hung out with Talia.

Luckily Denise came back from lunch early, so I was able to grab my bag before I left to go tree planting with the french grade 5s. I was expecting it to be like what we did at Slyvain's place, but thses kids actually had shovels!!! Safe to say my hands got SUPER drity! But all in good fun for a good cause! ^-^ I also learned that grass is "gazon" in french! XD WE planted tress at 3 different places, and there were some kids I knew from the Day camp. I also kind of ended up being a camera-persone. On the bus ride homw, Tenisha from the summer camp said she'd seen me drinking with Talia and a guy named Paul........I don't understand how she can believing that she can lie to my face about something I was supposedly doing and expect me to belive it........*rolls eyes*

When I got back to the library around 3pm, Denise said it was closed and I could just go home, but it was uper early! so I stayed and blogged till school got out.
(not this entery!)

When I got back to Janie's, I did the dishes thatw ere there, and then made bread. I was waiting for the Julia show to come on, but ever never did. Something about Julia being out sick after spending the night in Radisson. *shrugs* Then I wrote down the story I told Michelle last night. .....yeah..... its was very sleep-overisk. Her wanting a story and the lights all put out and us wishpering 'cause it was late. lol. It was pretty funny.

Then Janie sat dwon at the table and started perparing the oose we were going to have for dinner. (UGH! organs!!!! ) Michelle and I took a walk down by the river, then joined up with JAine and her husband in the mitchwap where they were cooking our dinner!!!! I like mitchwaps, espicailly when there's a fire going. It's so cozy! Makes you want to just lie down and sleep. XD

Dinner was goose, spare ribs, mashed potatoes, and stick bannock with butter and cloudberry jam. (YEAH BANNOCK!!!!!!)

After dinner, Janie showed Michelle and I how to start sewing our moccasins. I accedantly skewerded my knucle with the needel, no blood but yeck! Then we watched "Say yes to the Dress" which was cool 'cause I got to see a lot of different dress, and then we watched "4 weddings."

No comments:

Post a Comment