Monday, October 17, 2011

Chisasibi Week Ten: Day 7: Sept 15: The Pipe Cremony

Woke up at 7:30am without my alarm. Ate cornflakes with yogurt and toast with cream chees again. I also ate an orange, drank lots of water, And actually took one of my iron supplements to try and prevent mid-day triedness like yesterday. I also took my water bottel to work.

At work, I found a graphic novel series called the "Elsewhere Chorincals" and I am postive that it is by one of the artist from Flight!!!!!!!!! >.< I also showed flight to Naydine, who ordered them on the spot!!!! XD AND volume 8 came out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >//< I wonder if Mrs. Bruleson got it for the school yet......not that I can check them out there any more....I'm gonna have to order them for myself. But anywho! The Elsehwere Chornoicals are awesome!!!! I can't wait to get my hands on part 5!!!!!.......once I find it........

My frist half of lunch was spent talking with Justin as we cut out some lamenating. Apperently he is planning onw writing a books series, based loosely on his own life, and he is goona add us into it!!!!! : D It also has to do with genectic engenireing and stuff. It sounds very cool!!! >//< I really hopes he gets it published so I can read it!!!!

Work was pretty standard. I still till 5pm, EVEN THOUGH Chris had come by the school and had told me that we could attened a pipe ceremony that night, but we had to leave by 5:30pm. I managed to get home just in time, by running of course, but when I got there, the food we were taking to the feast wasn't even ready, and no one had made bannock. Michelle was the only on who wouldn't be able to attend the ceremony, because of her moon time. We also had to wear skrits.

I texted Dad before we left. So much for no electronice week.

At the ceremony, the pipes didn't get passed, which relived me 'cause I REALLY didn't want to have to smoke one. There were 8 poeple there with piepes in total. Half where women and half where men. They sang two songs and then we ate the feast. Brandon got back from his party at the daycare just in time for the food. There was our stew, bannock, bread, apples and bananas and then goose, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cupcakes and jello with whipped oil. (It was not cream at all!!! ) Now, the ceremony was taking place because there were apperently two teenage spritis, one boy and one girl, that were trapped in that house because they didn't relize they had passed on. IN order to move on, they needed to eat, that's why they held the feast, and  we didnn't actually ate any of the food, the spritis ate it through us............(hun-huh).........

After it finished, Jack's wife did a give away. I got a tup-o-ware container for the house, and then someone said I needed to grab a pair of socks because I was wearing to mismatched ones, not only in colour, but also in length. (one was a knee high ^//^") We hung around upstairs afterward, and found out that Jak was hosting a shake tent ceremony, where you can ask question, like who is your spriti guide and what is your spriti name, etc. The ceremony will be on Saturday, during our 48hrs off, but Chris said he will ask Vrigine if he can use the van if enough people want to go. I wanna go and ask for a spriti name, but I don't know if it's......acceptable.......??????

One we got home, I ate some of the chiken balls and Bradon brought home from his party, and for whatever reason, the laudry wasn't done porperly so our sheets were still wet. I also spent 1 hour or more sorting out mini-coloured glass beads that Iwas stupid enough to mix up. (Sttttttuuuuupiiiiiiidddddd!!!!!!!!) Ate 3 more chiken balls and then Michelle also gave me a biscuit!!!

Made my bed with fresh out of the dryer sheets. 12:08am

No comments:

Post a Comment