Sunday, October 2, 2011

Chisasibi Week Nine: Day 4: Sept 5: Excrusion - Part 3: Freak Out, Good-Bye, and Dishes

I got up around 9 am. There  had been some plans to go see the sun rise over the lake (Stacy's idea) but I don't think anyone went.....*shrugs* After I got up, I packed up all my stuff, got dressed, and headed for Slyvain's place. Stopped by lake to sing for a bit. When I got to Slyvain's, I had tea, and made oatmeal for breakfast!!!! I had oatmeal while camping!!!!!!!!!!!! >//< I mixed in some of the leftover trail mix too. It was good.

Ugh. I don't know if it was 'cause of the rain or what, but the black flys weren't out yesterday, but today they were and UGH!!!!!!!! XC It was really bad when you stood still, if you were running you were pretty much okay. I got a couple bits behind me ear, and two on my leg, but no major reactions. (LUCKY!)

I helped clean up from breakfast, then I went and laid down in the hammock by the lake. I sang to myself, and I really didn't want to move, it was so nice. After a while, I hear a car going by on the road, so I look up and see Chris driving away in the Katima-van. Now, this confused me and freaked me out. It confused me because he was headed towards the other lake, in other words, it was a dead end, and I got freaked out, because when I went back to the camp, I couldn'd find anyone!!! I saw Stacy, but eveyone else was gone!!! I was so freaked out that they'd actually left me behind! So I started walking down the road, and eventually found them, just as they were finishing up a chore they'd been helping Slyvain with. So, Stacy, Vince, Talia, Michelle and I walked back on the road so the van couldn't pass us, which was funny. XP

We all headed over to Slyvain to prep lunch, but we got back before him and his cabin was locked, so I just went and hugged a tree for, I don't know, like 5mins?

Then we got to plant trees!!! Slyvain gave us these poles with a metal clinydar on the end, you push it into the ground and it takes out the prefect amount of drit for you to put the spuce (or maybe it was pine??) sappling into. I did this bit, and Michelle brought trees over. We made a pretty good team.

After that we had lunch, which was drity chili. I helped with set up and clean up. Then we did a major clean of the Slyvain house and our cabin. It was funny too, 'cause Slyvain kept complaining that we were taking away his work. XD

By then it was 3:45pm, so we all jumped in the van and left. On the ride back, I got to go throught the pics on Michelle's and Catherine's cameras.

.......And this is a bit late, but the day we left to Camps des Pins, the bottom elemant on our stove broke, so all the bread we'd been eating the weekend was only half cooked.......yeah...........

Anywho, when we got home, we unpacked evrything real quick, I got some laundry going, and then did the dishes that we had stored food in for the trip while Talia tossed out all the bad food from our fridge. (Toatlly saw it coming......-.-)  I grabbed a quick shower. Then hung out till dinner, which was mroe drity chilie, and after that, none of us want to eat it every again. XG

Now, I'm sure if I already mentioned this at some point or not, but for dinner dishes, we have a name jar and 2 names get darwn, so house managers have a bit of a break. My name got drawn tonight, which I totally saw coming. But I felt like I'd done a lot, and really didn't want to dishes, which I expressed out loud. The others said I had done a lot, so they put my name back, and put Michelle on dishes. But I finished eating right away, and now of course, I felt bad for having them....I don't know....."cheat" the system? The dry rack was full, so I decided I 'd at lest put those away. Plus they were the dishes I'd been doing earlier. Unfortunately, someone noticed me drying and putting them away, so people started commenting. I don't remeber what everyone said, but I do remeber Chris yelling, "You're name got put back in the jar!" and saying he'd call Vrgine and get me a CTI for over-participation, which got me a little edgy, so I said if he tryed I'd bring religious rights into the issues. >.< Don't even ask!

After that little event, I ate some toast. As I was bitting into it, Brandon, who was also on dishes, asked "Are you eating the last of our bread?" I frooze mind bite with my teeth just sunk into the bread. I guess my expression was funny, 'cause Michelle laughed.

I went out back, sang some, and petted lady. Then I called mom and finished my laundry. After that Chris gave us a quick de-brife of  the weekend and talked to us a bit about billeteing, during which I will be sharing a bed with Michelle........apperently its a big bed.......but there was A LOT of laughing for some reason...?O.o

Then some of us played 3 games of loup-garau, and I tryed calling Dad, but had to leave a message. Then I packed a little in prep for billet week.

No comments:

Post a Comment