Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Chisasibi Week Eleven: Day 2: Sept 17: 48Hrs Off, Beading, and The Shake Tent Ceremony

I selpt in till 9am!!! Yeah! XD Ate rice crispies with yogrut for breakfast. Then went on Face Book, Gmail, and manga reader. Worked on moccasins. Had sphagetti with cream cheese for lunch. I also ate bread with buuter and icing sugar at one point, and I made tea, but forgot about it so it was cold when I finally had it......T.t

Then I agreed to play Risk, which was stupid 'cause I wanted to go to JAnie's with MIchelle so JAine could actually SHOW me how to do the beading. I was sewing during the game though, so I finished the lining. And I was out the door as soon the the game ended. (Nobody won, we just all got tired of it.) I speed walked to Jaine's, and Michelle had to jog to keep up (sorry!). Jaine showed us what to do, and also suggested adding beads to the top of the linning. Then I started beading, which was super hard! I was wondering why Michelle was having such an easy time (after breaking her 1st needel XD) and then, right before I had to run back home to go to the shake tent, I swichted over to the kind of leather she was using and OMGZ!!!!!!! It was SO much easier! So I took apart the pervious hour of work, and started over T.T

RAN home so that I'd be back by 5pm 'cause I didn't want to be left behind. When the house got in sight, the van wasn't there. I felt very discouraged. I ate some bread with PB and honey, and asked the people in the house if Chris had left already. They said he better not have, 'cause they wanted to go to.

Eventually Chris got back, and we all went over to Jack and Elizebeth's for 5:30pm. I expected we'd leave from there right away, but we stayed for around an hour and a half. We watched Borther Bear, which was awesome. I also got to eat some meat, cheese and mushroom sub which was super tasty!

We had a bit of a scar though when Denvor left the house without anyone noticing. We all went outside and did the whole search party thing. I ran all over, but by the time I got to the house he was already back.

Then we left for the shake tent ceremony. I didn't end up asking anything. I had been textin g with Mom and Dad about it, and Mom made the point that God would tell me my spriti name in person, and I thought that would be a BILLION times better than having a thrid party tell me. It would be so worth the wait to have God tell me my name himself! (Not that I dislike the name Sarah, I actually like it a LOT but....you know.... >.<) *breaths* I just feel excited thinking about it! >//<

Anywho, I helped serve dinner before the ceremony started. There was moose stew with rice in it, bannock, grapes, apple slices and oragne juice. The actual ceremony was pretty intense. I don't know if I should give you a lot of details. The ceremony did take place at night 'cause it needed to be dark, and the tent shook quite a bit (it was smaller than I expected....) Three Grandfather spritis came to visit, and a couple people cried after getting their answers. We also weren't supposed to hear what was being asked, or what the answer was (none of our business) so we had to talk to cover it up. I was sitting next to Justin, so I pretty much just forced conversation with him......well......I was really talking AT hime for the 1st bit but whatever. We even talked about making form that the committes could use for CCK! Talk about random! There was one break, and I think everyone in our group who wanted to ask a question did. Although Catherine had two and only one got answered.

When we finally got back home, I ate some toast with butter and icing sugar, but the toaster set off the smoke alarm.......1:15am

No comments:

Post a Comment