Saturday, October 8, 2011

Chisasibi Week Ten: Day 2: Sept 10: Billetting Cont.

I got up around 8am, to find that Michelle was already up, and had done quite a bit of sewing on her moccasins. I ate a bagel with cream cheese, watched some news, and ate cron flakes with ablueberry yop. Then I packed my stuff and we all drove up to JAnie's cabin to spend the weekend. Her  mom also came with us.

I almost fell asleep on the drive up. XP When we got to the cabin, we unpacked our stuff, and had lunch, which was beef stew and some of teh bread I made.  Then we all got back in the car and drove off to a spot where we could pick blueberries. We did that for around 2hrs, then Michelle said she didn't feel well, so we packed up and went back to the cabin.

Once there, Janie's husband started a fire, then they all took off to try and find janie's mom a ride back into town. I worked on my moccasins for over and hour, and Michelle slept. It was very quite, and the fire made the wram and very cozy. Usually I don't think I would enjoy living without any running water or plubming and stuff like that, but I actually really enjoyed my time out in the woods. Not just with Janie, but everytime I've been since being in Chisasibi........hm.......

There was some talking that went on, but it was mostly in Cree. But man! I was just working away on thoes moccasins!!!! Well, I guess I should clarify that I was working on the liners (flet) not the actual leather.

Michelle ended up thrwoing up, so we packed up all our things and headed back into town. On the drive back, we got to watch a killer wicked sunset, and some pretty tripy clouds.

We got back around 9:30pm, I did dishes, ate some bannock with jam, and then hit the hay.

No comments:

Post a Comment