Saturday, July 16, 2011

Chisasibi Week One : Day Five: July 11: Work Placements

Breakfeast was toast.....again.......I`m gonna miss having muffins, and biscuits, and pancakes......T.t.....

Anywho,  today was the tour for the different workplaces. We started by going to the radio station. We saw all their equipment and stuff, but that was pretty much it, working there would mean getting your own radio show.

Then we checked out the Youth Center, which had a huge flat screen, an internet cafe, a broken pool table, and a gym. Here, you would either be working with Carel for the actual Youth Center, or you might work for the summer day camp that used the youth center as part of their facilities, along with the school (but we didn`t go there). After that, we went home, and had some free time before lunch.

For lunch, I helped Gordon and Catherine make tuna cheese melts. Unfortunately, I`m starting to think I might actually be a clutz. Everytime I go in the kitchen, something goes wrong. Wheather it be splashing water, bruning food or skin, or getting a cut. *sighs* Maybe I`m just not made for cooking.

After lunch, we went to see the hospital/clinic/dental clinic. It was okay, nothing amazing. It`s a really small buliding though.

Then Gordon, Catherine, Justin and I all went back to the house to clean while the others did the gorcery shopping.  After I did my share of cleaning, I did my frist load of lanudry since getting to the house. XP

Later, when Chris and the others got home, he mentioned brifely that we might get the chance to go to a sweat lodge that night, then we were off to see the Multi-Service Day Center (MSDC). It was a really great tour. They have a great facility and Juac (sp?) is super nice and funny. Plus they do art with the cilents, but its all medical stuff. so there some confidentciality stuff (same with the hospital).

My perferances for the placements at this piont is: MSDC, Youth Center/Day camp, Radio, Daycare, Hospital.

Then dinner was vegitraine chesse lasangna. then we went to the sweat lodge, which I`m going to do a seperate entry for, so stay tuned!!! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment