Thursday, July 21, 2011

Chisasibi Week Two : Day Two: July 15: Sun Dance and The Scare

Today we went to help set up the Sun Dance. It was a long ride out, but it was a nice one. We stopped and got out at the hydro-dam and took a group pic. (I will try to stalk my group mates on FB and get pics, but they are not uploading right now `cause internet is really slow.)

So, when we got to the dance site, it truns out to be scared, and all the girls need skirts, which we didn`t bring. So some of  the others had to tie fabric around their waists. I was on my time, so I couldn`t do a thing!!! There`s also this stupid porimiatiy thing they have, so I couldn`t even go up close to where they were buliding the ldoge.

There also ended up being a big issues when 7/9 people in our group took ``unauthorized rides`` and broke the specific restriction rules, so Chris said we would all get Final Warning for Health and Saftey. That means that if we make the same mistake again, or a mistake in the same catagory, we are as good as gone.

Lunch was petia bread with cheese and i think we had pepperonie? (for got to journal this part.....) We also had plums and strawberries. Along with the ususal copped bell peppers, cucumber, carrots, and celerey.

Now, I freaked out, because I took the buses with the Day Camp, and I didn`t know if they were authorized or not. I figured they should be, but Chris had also mentioned that the day camp was a new work partner, so I had no clue. So all day I kept crying, and was fully convianced that I was going to be sent home. I even called Dad. Some of the others said they weren`t going to mention the whole thing, in case Chris forgot about their final warnings, but I felt like I needed to be honest, even if I was basically sending myself home. So I resolved to tell chris I had taken the buses.

Dinner was lemon chiken with keenwa and corn on the cob. (YUM!)

My name got drawn for dishes, so I started doing them and somehow, Chris ended up at the table alone, with no one else in ear shot. So I asked him if the buses were authorized, and her said they were. *Big sigh of relife!*  So I go to stay, but of course, I felt silly about the whole thing.

Then I watched ``Glory Road`` with Gordon, Justin and Catherine. Because of all the emotionalness of the day, and the fact that I was tired, I ended up crying over the movie and got really into it. Then again, it was a sports movie based on a true story, I porbably would`ve gotten into it anyway. XD

Anyway, that`s all for tonight. I`ll try do do some more catching up tomorrow but no garentees.

Love yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment