Thursday, July 28, 2011

Chisasibi Week Two: Day Seven :July 20: Pauline`s 1st Visit

Up at 6:30am, breakfeast was oatmeal with chocolate chips. Found my missing MP3 player in bed (I was sleeping on it. --``) and left for work on time.

The plan for was ballon rockets, and the 1st group (10-13s) did awesome!!! Then we were off to swimming, and I got to waer my swim cap (over braided pigtails XP). The only thing I didn`t totally like about swimming was that I was a Jungel-Gym.

Lunch was the home made pizza pockets that Brandon made. I was so excited for them, but I didn`t end up likeing them all that much......I think it must be the formate, cause the beard was good, and I love meat amd cheese and sauce..............*shrugs*

The 8-9s were so bad, I don`t even want to go there!!!! The 6-7s were okay.

After work, Syenthia brought out this huge box and we all got t-shirts!!!!! (They say camp staff!!! >//<) I got a yellow one (BooYeah!) and a pink one. They were both smalls though, which surprised me, `cause they fit wonderfully.

Walked home with Talia. Once I got home, I did dishes and had a shower.

Dinner was pinapple chicken with rice, steamed veggies and beard. I also had lots of tea and played cards!!! ^^

Now, Pualine came over and had dinner with us, and while the dishes were being done she just hung out. Once they were done, she sat down with us and told us all about Chisasibi. We talked about the hydro issues, and the trap lines, and almost everything!!!! (even little people and UFOs XP) But Pualine is SO COOL!!!!!! She works with Catherine at the MSDC, and she is fully tri-ligual (Cree, English and French.) She is smart, funny, nice, well, basically everything good!!! XP Hopefully she`ll be able to came back and teach us some Cree. She also really helps us out with community stuff, like staying informed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment