Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Chsasibi Week One: Days One: July 7

So, it was our first full day at the house. I woke up at 7am and had a shower. Breafeast wouldn`t be till nine, so I hung out and read my bible and stuff. When breafeast rolled round, we had crepes! The food for the 1st couple days was awesome! Virgine and Melina were here helping out Chris, and they were the ones cooking for us.

Melina is a former Porject leader (PL) ((what Chris is for my group)), and Virgine is the reginal project co-ordinator for Quebec and the Atlantic region. Oh, and Melina had sweet dreads! (dread locks)

Most of what we did that day was orienatation (I won`t bore you) and games (....which i don`t remember). One local women stopped by, and we got to see her 2 month old baby. >//<

For lunch we had these GREAT kieches and salade. Then more orientation and free time, during which I walked to a local ``corner store`` and bought mints.

Dinner was a tomate-fish-cuscus thingy and was really good.

Then some local kids came over and we drew pictures. Apperently they like coming to the house. XD
Then we had a tour of the town, and Gordon beat me at checkers. (They have a table in the mall.) We passed the churches, one is Anglicain, the other is Roman Catholic. I hope to be able to attened the Angicain one.

There are a few smokers in the group, but there is tons of french!! Overall, it was a good frist day. The group also seems to be gelling really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment