Saturday, August 20, 2011

Chisasibi Week Five: Day 1: Aug 4: Epic Sunsets

I actually got up at 6:30am. Breakfeast was Oatmeal and chocolate.

Then I packed my bag for the beach day at work, and filled my new water bottle. Then I played some cards. Later, I relized I needed to do a load of laundry, so I started one, but I ended up runnign abit later usual. (not that I was "late" or anything. *rolls eyes*) On my way to work, I detoured to avoid a group of sketchy looking guys.

I mean, I really do like it hear. But I am starting to fear for my saftey.......just a bit.

At work, we played dodge-ball and tag, then headed for the beach. It was super windy, and a bit gray and cloudy, but still nice.

Lunch was left over quienwa with some rice, spices and chopped up peppers. I also had an apple and an orange.

Now, I`m pretty sure this was the day I picked blueberries for people at the house, but I didn`t write it down......... but yeah. I picked blueberries for the group on of the days we went to the beach. Which I thought was funny `cause I don`t even like blueberries. XD But really, I`d be an awesome gatherer. XP

Dinner was a Nova Alfraydo thing. Michelle claimed to have had issues with the salt content, but it all worked out!

Then we had our practice fire-drill. Haha. It went well. ^_^

then we all donned our Katima-Ts and went over to the  arena to help set up for the Pow-Wow only to find that they were done. ....Oops.

So then we went over to  Mitchwap center to say hi to one of Chris` friends, Josphe, who was helping keep the scared fire for the Pow-Wow.

Then we all went over to TMSI`s house(except Cindy) and met I guy named brad and watched a bunch of people get their heads shaved. (Vincent got a mowhawk XD)

Then I caught sight of the sky. From where I was, I could see a lot of light, and it lit up most of the sky. So, I wanted a better look. I walked, and found a good angle. And OMGGGGGG >//< it was awesome!!!!!!! Now I know why the Katimavik sun is orange and a perfect circle!!!!!! *sighs* It was so beautiful. The sky was full of yellows and pinks, on the clouds, and the sky itself was still a really nice blue.

Oh yeah. That, and the clouds were making a gaint cross in the sky.

Yeah. Cool. I know.

Anywho, I showed the sunset to Gordon (figured he`d apperciate it) and then Catherine came and joined us.  Then Gordon left, and Catherine and I had a very nice chat. (I tried speaking in Frnech for a bit and apperently I did pretty good.)

Then we all got caught in the rain. (catherine was right. You do feel a big gust of wind right before the rain hits. XD) So Catherine and I ran back to the group, only to cover the same distance when running back to the van. XD

Got homt and started journaling, but Chris said there was a lightshow, aka lightening, so I went outside and watched with Catherine and Gordon, who really weren`t into it. Then they left and Justin, Brandon, and Michelle came out.

I think Michelle and I are more on the same wave-length, `cause we both agreeded it was epic. Then they went in to make banana bread, so I came in to, and wrote some.

Went back outside. It was really windy, but the lightening had died out, and there was never any thunder to begin with. I finshed off some left over rice with Nove Alferado sauce.

.......Bed time!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Just finished reading your blog. I have been away from my computer for about a month so had a lot to catch up on. I'm so impressed with your "style". I couldn't stop reading! Sounds like you are having a wonderful experience. Keep it up!
    Hugs and kisses,
    Auntie Donna

    ReplyDelete