Monday, August 8, 2011

Chisasibi Week Three: Day Seven: July 27: Beach Day

Woke up at 7am, which is really lucky for me, because my alarm keeps failing to go off. Either that, or I`m snoozing it in my sleep......which is weird......

Anywho, breakfeast was last of the pre-made red-river/oatmeal with chcolate chips (they are drak chcolate btw), some bread with PB and J, and the leftover bit of my blood orange from yesterday.

Then I packed my bag for the beach!!!!!

At work, we strated with a game of planets (variation of dogheball), and I ran to buy more water, and ended up getting some apple juice and a bag of starbrusts.

When I got back, they were playing line-tag, or packman. (That game where you can only walk on the lines on the gym floor.)

Then we were off to the beach! The bus ride was very bumpy, and I`m not sure if buses are even ment to go that fast.......Anywho, 20KM is really nice. It`s this rectangluar piece of sand (quite big) with picnic tables, and two chairs for life grauds. But considering that on either side of the ``beach`` the water lines goes right up to the grass line, I wonder if the beach was man-made......*Shrugs* I decided I didn`t want to go swimming, but I wore my V-ball shorts and went wadding.

But oh my gosh! The water was orange!!!! I`m not kidding, it was straight up orange!!!! Where I come from, water is blue, grenn, or clear, not orange. that, and when you kicked up the sand, it sparkeled like gold. It looked super cool. (As such, I spent over an hour kicking up sand and the like........XD)

Lunch was left over fried rice (which I took `cause I knew it would be okay cold) and an apple.

They brought the sterio too, so the tunes were pumping the whole time, but there wasn`t much dancing. (There was some.) There was even a parachute that we tried to use, but it was too windy and it kept getting blown out of peoples hands and into other peoples faces (like mine, `cause I was on the wrong side of the circle).

Later, the parachute got put back in its bag and was just lying on the sand, I spotted it from the picnic table and it looked like a pillow. So I set up my towel next to it and used it like one. .......and I fell asleep.....I think one of the reasons I`ve been falling asleep so much is because I`m sick, so any spare moment I have, my body tires to take advantage of. *shrugs* That`s what I`m guessing.

Oh yeah! I also spent sometime trying to ancher down an umberla and keep it from blowing away (as I said earlier, it was VERY windy), and the wind was effectively sand-blasting us.

Anywho, I got woken up by some of the kids, and helped clean up all the stuff, then we got back on the buses and went back.

I got home around 4:30pm, had a shower, and helped the house managers with some stuff. I also got a load of laundry started, which was really good for me `cause I have no pants left.

Dinner was shrimp stry-fry with maccoroni noodles and veggies. We also had potato wedges like yesterday`s. I really like them, and they have some kind of veggitable salt/spice mix thing on them.

I hate to say it, but I`m starting to actually like tofu. It`s weird that we are even so much of it here (what with it being rare and expensive), but I guess it`s because Talia`s a vegetrainie.

Our dinner guest were Pauline, Nathan, and Melony.

After dinner, our activity was Pauline giving us a cree lesson. It took me a while, and apperently I started stressing out, but I got it in the end. The problem was that I got to hung up on spelling (she was teaching us the sybalic writting system) when the language is pretty much all phonetics. I think I`ll like Cree alot. ^.^

And Pauline is still totally awesome!!!!!

Michelle also relocated to the downstaris bedroom after all (yeah! more closet space XD), and she is very chill. Well, maybe not chill, but she gets excited and stuff the same way I do. We are going to be splendid friends. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment