Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Chisasibi Week Five: Day 5: Aug 8: House Managing!!!!!! (next 6 entries)

Up at 6:30am and had a shower. Made WAY too much oatmeal, but ate it all anyway. Did dishes, and got lecture by Chris, again......Its kind of hard to be a selfless Christain when people keep telling you not too. I mean, I know the others need a chance to "set up", but if they aren`t, isn`t there a point where I can just spet in and be a good Christain? Then again, I don`t really know if doing dishes even has anything to do with being a good Christain...........

Anywho, I just sort of hung arounf the house until every one had left for work. I went on the computer too, blogged some (not this one!) and did some email.

After 3 trys, Talia finally gets up around 9:40am and I start doing the weekly tasks in the kitchen. (cleaning the counters, oven, and cupbroads- unload, clean, reload. as well as sides and tops) Talia started cleanign the frigde (also and unload and reload.) 

Now, we may have been just a little ambitious in trying to do the whole kitchen on the same day we had gorcery shopping, but Chris never said anything!!!!! Arg!!!!! The way he comes in after the fact and tells you you did it wrong just bugs me!!!! *deep breath* okay.

For lunch I had the last of the hamburger soup, so it didn`t go to waste. (it was gonna get thrwon out.)  Talia made some tous-qui for eveybody else. there were 4 poeple who stayed home today. Three of them were sick, and the other didn`t have anymore work, like Talia and I.

I feel bad though, `cause both Catherine and Michelle, who stayed home sick, helped us with the daily tasks by cleaning the bathrooms. And it was lucky for us, because we really shouldn`t have tried to do the whole kitchen. And APPERENTLY daily tasks take priority over weekly. But we didn`t know that till after! (Gee Chris, that was helpful! NOT!) Vince helped clean too, he`s the one with no work. Brandon didn`t help, but that`s okay `cause he is super sick with phnomonia.

Anyway, Chris wasn`t even home that mourning, and he didn`t get back till 1:30pm, (oh, and did I mention he shut us down for trying to do an invantory of the kitchen so we could be more organized when we went gorcery shopping? )

But whatever. We finally went shopping, I was super irrated at Chris,because it seemed like everytime I talkeed, he told me I was wrong. And eithout explaining why. I was porbably tried too......*sighs*

Anyway!!! Moving on. Gorecy shopping went okay, but we forgot to buy bananas, sugar, and some otehr thrid thing I can`t remeber.....................................................like legit! I can`t rememebr!

When we got home, Talia and I did a speed un-pack and finished all the daily tasks before anyone got home. (In your face Chris!!!!!!) (okay. okay. don`t get me wrong, he`s a great guy and all. I just have some issues.)

Anywho, Talia started making dinner, and I started a batch of bread then made some salade.  We ended up with plenty of down time before dinner needed to be served, and Chris even admitted he had underestimate our "hard-coreness." XD

There was a bit of a fiasco taday though, when we found that a whole bunch of dish towels and stuff had been put away siem-damp, which is apperently a mold hazard. So we had to wash and dry them all over again. I really don`t like our dryer. It doesn`t work to great. You generally have to run it twice. So much for saving energy.

Dinner was salmon cassorle with a tofu version for Michelle, who is a fishitrainie. (............she doesn`t eat seafood the same way a vegitraine deosn`t eat meat...) We also put out a fruit plate with watermelon, apples and oranges. The salade had lettuce (no duh.) , raddish, apples, and a little taste of strawberry. >//<  Our dinner guests were Pauline, and one of Chris Francophone Nurse Friends (.....yeah, apperently chris is kind of a Ladies Man?)

Now, when you are house manager, you don`t have to do the dinner dishes. So while those were being done, I went out back and chilled on the deck. I even got to partice my French by talking with Chris` friend. XD

Then Pauline gave us an other Cree Lesson. (she is still awesome!) Unfortunalely, she`s goning away on vacation for two weeks. Great thing for her, bit sad for us. (.....O.o ........I still haven`t done the homework she gave us........oops.)

Then the bread I started earlier was done. And I am really thankful Gordon remebered it was in the oven, or it might have bruned to a crisp before I noticed.............. --" But as it is, the bread had awesome crinkle!!!! (you know, when you squeeze bread to see if its good. .....remember Rataoutille?.........there you go! or maybe not..........)

The Cree lesson finished up aroun 10:30pm

Tmorrow Talia and I will try to finish the weekly tasks, and TMSI is supposed to come over.

Oh yeah! And because its August now, and this is our French rotation, every over meal is gonna be a french meal!!!!! >///< YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment