Friday, August 5, 2011

Chisasibi Week Three: Day Six: July 26

Was woken up at 4:30amish by another leg cramp, left leg again. It hurt till I rememebr to lay it flat. Then my alarm got snoozed before it went off, (don`t ask me how), luckly I still got up on time and had a shower.

Breakfeast was oatmeal/red river with chocolate. I also had some blood orange, which freaked me out, `cause it looked like an orange on the outside, but when I cut it open it looked like a grapefuirt. I was inches away form trying to eat it with brown sugar when Gordon came up and said it was a blood orange.

When I got to work, I founsd out that Summer couldn`t make it in today. She handed me a lesson plan, then left. but the lesson plan was totally usless, because there isn`t anywhere in town that sells Borax.  So I headed over to the school, and actually managed to get a lesson plan together for the day. I waited for 30 mins, but no kids were shwoing up. Finally, Talia came to get me, saying that Syenthia had decided to merger all the groups together becasue we had so few kids due to Mamoweedow. And Summer had apperently quit.

We played doge ball in the gym, then we went skating at the arena, which is right next to the Youth Center. I don`t have any skates, and the arena doesn`t rent them, so I couldn`t go skating. So I just drew in my sketch book (I drew a wicked tree that took almost an 1hr) and entertained the other kids that weren`t skating.

Lunch was leftover sloppy joe meat with bread, and a pear.

Then we had the hoola-hoops and ropes bit. After that, we split the kids into two groups, 6-7s went to the radio station, and the 8-9s and10-13s went to play kickball (which they call soccer-baseball) at the school. I went with the second group, but it was super hot outside, so after one round the game kinda died. I did run into TMSI, and they invited my group to play Man hunt again and Capture the flag at the school. Apperently the e-mailed Brandon.

Back at the Youth Center, they set up the Justin Beiber movie, ``Never Say Never,`` so I ran back to the school to try and get a phone number form TMSI so it would be easier to get in touch, but none of them knew a phone number. So they said to just e-mail them back. I also lreaned that the school is really big.

The JB movie, what Is aw of it, was actually pretty decent. It was made in a more documentary style format, but I really liked the footage from the Madison Square Gardens concert. I wasn`t aware that JB was such a dancer XD

Tomorrow, wrok is headed to 20KM (kilometer 20) AKA, the beach!!!

Back home, I was reallt tired out, so I went into my room, but I didn`t want to expened the energy to climb up onto my bed, so I just laid down on the floor and listened to my player.

........And I fell asleep......for almost an hour.....

Oh yeah! Michelle`s lauggage had gotten lost, but it showed up today, which was awesome.

Dinner was chicken balls (some of which weren`t fully cooked..... they were very googy) with some asian veggie thing (like styr-fry)  and fryed rice with tofu. We had Bouaze, Nathan and Cloette eating with us. (Cloette is a nurse.) My mane got dranw for dishes.

Tonight is free time, so I tired to get to bed ``early, `` at this point it is 9:07pm.

Oh! Today I found out that Chris REALLy like ninjas. He even went on his own little ninja rant when some people in the group said it might be possible for a samuri to beat one. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment