Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Chisasibi Week Five: Day 3 : Aug 6 : Pow-Wow

Slept in till 11:30am. Breakfeast was left over hamburger soup, and I think I ate something else but I don`t remeber.....

After that, I helped Michelle make frnch fires for lunch. (Circles!!!!! Just like at home XP Only, we backed them in the oven instead of frying them *shrugs* they were still circles!!!!! XD)

Lunch was french fires, salade, and fresh bread with butter and jam. Later I snacked on bread with PB.

the afternoon block was the French activity, labing the house!! (rolls eyes). we started with an energizer game, that was really fun, (I almost won XP) and the labing actually went farily well.  There was a LOT of green tape up by the time we were done. It was really funny too, `cause we had one group upstairs (mine) and another downstaris. Near the end, Talia comes upstairs completely COVERED in lables for all the baody parts. It looked pretty funny! Then Vince and Michelle made a poster and we transfered all the labels over.

Then Gordon and I pretty much made dinner FOR the house managers. (..........yeah........) I got a little annioyed, but Michelle is having a really rough time. She feels a little unnder the wheather and keeps getting nose bleeds `cause she`s not used to such dry air.

Dinner was pizza and some sliced strawberries.

Throughout the day, I was readint the Golden Spruce, and I know I`ve said it already, but I`ll say it again anyway. Non-fiction!! Who knew?!?

After dinner, we donned our green Katima-Ts and headed over to the Pow-Wow. We checked out the vendours, and there was one really good stand. I`m debating wheather or not to buy a ring or a barcelt tomorrow. Then we got to see all the dancers do the "Grand Enterance." It was pretty cool, almost like a parade. the dancing is kinda hard to describe, and they make it look a whole lot easier than it is!!!! (trust me, I tried it!) BUt the costums were so cool!!! The girls were covered with embordiary and beads (so much beading!!!!) and everything was so colourfull and beautiful!!! Even most of guys! And oh my goodness!!! There were so many egal feathers!!!! Of course, there were different costums depending on the type of dance they were doing. ( there was traditional, jingle (girls only), fancy, and grass (guys only)...... i think that was it.....)

We stayed till they sent everyone home around 11:30pm. We even got to participate in some dancing (spot dancing contest, you win money and the floor`s open) It was really good partice, and you got to dance along side some of the really good dancers, which was helpful for learning. Chris says that we are gonna have to dance tomorrow in some Non-native dance compition.......>//< I`m a bit nervous but also really excitied!!!

Then we, (Chris, Gordon, Talia, Catherine, Brandon and I) all got in the van. Now there`s a lot of major road work going on right now. We had to take a detour, and ended up stuck at a dead end. We tried follwoing another van, but they lead us onto the Quad trail!!! It was so funny!!!  I laughed the whole time.  (.....so this is when it happened. I knew I would`ve written it down. I`m gonna go back and fix that other entery where I got mixed up. See! It was just so funny I couldn`t wait to tell you guys. *rolls eyes* sorry, I`m just a bit wierd XP)

Anywho, we got homw at 12:12am, and now I`ma go to bed.

(Chris wants to have CCK at 10:30am tomorrow....haha......)

(or maybe I didn`t mess up the bit about the quad trail......... I can`t find it anywhere else.......arg!!!!! this is what I get for being so far behind T.t)

No comments:

Post a Comment