Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Chisasibi Week Five: Day 7: Aug 10

Woke up at 6:30am and spent 1/2hr making oatmeal for everyone and setting stuff out on the table (like suryp and stuff), but I think only half the group ate any. So much for rocking the oatmeal once a week to save money.  I ate oatmeal with chcolate chips and puffed rice.

Only Brandon stayed home sick, and Vincent helped clean in the morning, then headed out to work with TMSI.  One of Chris` other  French Nurse friends stopped by, and I tried to clean mold off a shower curtain, with moderate success.

By 12pm, I had done all but 1 daily task, which Talia did, and I couldn`t do the tasks that related directly to dinner.

Lunch was left over bugers with cheese, onion and tomato.

I went for a walk, stopped by the band office and saw the wicker-wooden brids, (very nice) and picked up a monthly national Native newspaper, but I couldn`t find the Cree trappers association room, so i didn`t get to check out their merchandise. Later, I relized I had gone on lunch break, and that`s why the office seemed so empty and quite. After that, I walked over and sat by the Grand River for a bit, lisenting to the stream flow over the rocks. Then there was this bit of a cloud brust, so I started headeding home. Got attacked by the pychso little black dog. Then I went by Kandi`s (the conveaniant store near the house) and bought myself a pop and some Reese candy.

Got home and sat on the back steps to drink my pop. Then I went inside and started making salades for dinner and stuff.  (Since we are going gorcery shopping tmorrow, Chris wants all the porduce used up.) And we had TONS of fruits and veggies leftover. So I was at the cutting broad for 2 1/2hrs while Talia made lemon maragane pie from a box and brownies.  She also took acre of the turkey, gravy and mashed potatoes. On part because I didn`t know how, and on part because I was cutting the whole time!!!!!

Anywho, around 2:30pm there was a thunder storm right out front of the house! And we could actually hear the thunder AND see the lightening. Usually we get one, but not the other.

I really like thunder though, even I used to be scared of it. Now it just makes me think that the sky is really big and cavarenous, but at the same time, it has a place where it ends, and that`s why the sound bounces back. .......I don`t know, it`s hard to explain..........I really like thunder thought!!!! >//<

Oh yeah! And the power went out for 2min. :P

Bouze stopped by the house for a bit.

I used carrots, cheese, and green bell pepper to make the Katimavik logo on the salades. I was so hyped up about it too, but I guess it wasn`t really that impressive.......*shrugs*

There was a bit of a thing with the Trukey, because it was in the freezer until 12:30pmish, when I took it out to thaw. Chris freaked me out by saying that it wouldn`t thaw in time. So I put it in the sink and soaked it in hot water, and weighed it down with a pinapple. (....hey! it worked, okay?) Then I went for my walk.

As things turned out, we ate 1/2 hr early. (See, Chris? we know what we`re doing. XP)

Dinner was roast trukey, gravy, mashed potatos and sweet potatoes, watermelon, veggies-fruit plater, salades and dessert- the lemon maragne pie and the brownies.

Then we had some down time. Gordon got a package from home today, and it had a CD with Bag Pipe music in it!!!! XD So we listened to it for a bit, and I derw a little. Then I helped Michelle and Justin clean up from dinner.

One of Chris` friends (a guy this time ;P) came over, and brought one of his friends (a girl) who was form Manchester England.

Then I went to get ready to go to the Youth Center, and found Cindy and Nathan in bed together. *rolls eyes* They were just cuddling, and had clothes on, but still!!!!!! So much for "amourous relationships not impacting group life." *sighs* Wathcing then is like watching a soap opera.

Anywho, we all got ready to go, except for Brandon and Talia who claimed sick, But when we got to the Youth Center, it was closed. So we went back home and had the games night that we didn`t have the day before. There was even some french.....at the beginning........we tried okay!

But seriously! That makes it like the 5th time we have tried and failed to get to the Youth Center!!!!!!
It`s ridiculous!

Anywho, I learned how to ACTUALY play risk, and had a game with Gordon, Michelle, and Vincent. Gordon pretty much slaughtered everyone else, which isn`t surprising considering that we were all pretty much beginners except him.  After that, I played poker and beat the pants off Brandon and Justin. (Thank you the BackDoor!!!!! XD)

It`s now 20min to 1am.....O.o...........

No comments:

Post a Comment