Friday, September 23, 2011

Chisasibi Week Eight: Day 7: Sept 1: Mural Day!

Up around 7am, ate oatmeal with PB and honey and FEW chocolate chips. Played solitaire.

Walked to work with Michelle.

In the morning, work was super slow, so after checking books out to one class, lamenating and the mroning break, I was able to go over to the class of a teacher named Michelle and help her put a mural up on the wall of the classroom. Sinces she teaches English, everything we put up was like quotes and stuff, words that inspried the students and made them feel good. 1st off, I just painted something up for myself, 'cause I thought of it this morning and thought it was pretty good: "It's not just a matter of you believeing in them. It's also a matter of them believing in you." When I originally thought of it, I was thinking about parenting, but I guess it applies to a lot more than that. >.< Then I helped paint up some stuff that the kids wanted, and ended up using a latter. XD

Lunch was an apple, but I ended up throwing it out 'cause it looked moldy. I also hadthe leftover soup from the night before, although there wasn't very much.

Right after lunch, it got SUPER hectic, 'cuase we had 2 classes signed up for the library and an extra one just went ahead and showed up. Naydine wasn't there either, because she had to take her son to the dentist. After all those classes left, Denise closed the library for the rest of the day. I spent my time after that labeling, shelving and bar-coding.

I got off work right at 4pm, so I went over to Northeren to look at that shirt I wanted. I didn't buy it though. I ran inot non-PL Chris who was coming over for dinner, and on the way home, Brandon caught up with me, so we walked home together.

When I got home, I snacked on bread with butter and icing sugar.

Dinner was Shook Ka Min, which is a traditional dish of fish with blueberries. There was also an intence salade and baked veggies. We started dinner a bit late, so before we had finished, Olivier and Stacy had already showed up for our luangage lessons. Those went okay, after we had a quick jam session with non-pl Chris. Michelle also tatooded my arm with pen. It was very pretty. >.< OOoooo! I should've gotten a picture! Oh well.

Then I called Mom, and we talked about how, if I get a boyfriend, it would be better if he were a christian, which is veyr ture but kind of sucks. And I'm still wondering wheather or not an arranged marriage would be totally crazy. ......Alright, it would be totally crazy. But that's that. .........ARG!!!!!!!! T.t

Ate some bread with butter and icing sugar, and anyother piece with butter and chocolate chips. And I found where all the currants disappeared to!!! They were in the bread!!!!! >.<

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah,
    We really miss you. It seems hard to believe you are almost finished your time at Chisasibi and getting ready to head off. You sound like you've really grown.
    As you get ready to head to Steinbach, I thought I should forward you a link to the church there. Let me know if you're going to check them out. If so, I'll give them a heads up to watch out for you to ensure you get connected. I'm sure you will enjoy the congregation.
    http://www.steinbachmbchurch.org/
    I've gone back to school this fall to take Executive Coaching. I had one week of residency... although I stayed home, a lot of my classmates travelled from all over Canada to attend Royal Roads for the week. I have 4 online classes I take till the end of March and then I return to the school for 3 more days of residency. It's been a very full 6 days of learning. I'm glad to have today off.
    Blessings as you wrap up this week and prepare to leave.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. your dad was just thinking of becoming a Christian when he met your mom :) sometimes we can have a positive effect on non christians.it would be EASIER for you if you chose a Christian b/f, but if you stay strong in your morals and beliefs, a relationship with a non-Christian man can work.the hardest part is when you get really serious about someone that you believe won't end up in heaven. you get really torn.
    --sharon

    ReplyDelete