Monday, September 12, 2011

Chisasibi Week Six: Day 7: Aug 17: Libraries,The Youth Center, and Celebs

I woke up at 7am, and maybe its just me, but it seems like everyone else has been getting up progressively later. They used to wake up around 7-7:30, now some of them are sleeping in till 8 or later......which is pushing it considering we have to be at work for 9........*shrugs*


Anywho, breakfast was some bread with PB and strawberry/rhubarb jam, more bread with butter and chocolate, some leftover pasta, and tea!! ^_^ (.......yeah, guess I was hungry...)

Got to work before Naydine again, which wouldn't have been a problem now, except I didn't know how to log on to the computer. (you have enter passwords twice. Once to turn it on, the other to log in.) When Naydine got there she showed me the passwords, so now it's all good. At 9:30, Talia, Vince and I all went to help this women , and she even made up a list for us!!! XD We finished in a decent amount of time, and I worked on the bulletin broad for the rest of the time I had before lunch.

For lunch, Stacy invited us over, so Talia and I walked with her to her house. It was really nice. The house was really small, but just right for 1 or 2 people to live in, aka cozy. XP We watched a super out-dated education film. I think it was called "Post Cards from Canada".....It was a pretty intense film. The entire history of Canada was boiled down into about 40mins? *shakes head* But it was still a really nice visit, we chatted, and Stacy let us eat some of her home made granola!!!!! It had almonds and cranberries in it and was very good! I want to try making some myself later. >//< Stacy also offered us some Kim-chee something or other. It was pretty spicy, so I didn't have much. My lunch was the dinner form yesterday, but I had to eat it cold 'cause Stacy didn't have a microwave. XP

Back at work, I actually got to finally do some real library work!!!!! And let me tell you! I am SO glad I took library science in school and learned the Dewey Decimal system!!!! It made life so much easier! (Shout out to Mrs Burleson!!!! XD) So I spent around an 1hr moving books around on the shelves to make more space.  Then I shelved some books, which was a little confusing to begin with because there are two section for every category, one in French and one in English. But I think I got it now. XP

Then I helped Vince with some more laminating. Then back to book shelving, and this time I moved any books that were out of order to their proper place, so it took a LOT longer. While I was doing this, someone came in and told me I said set up the bulletin broad in someone else's spot. (Oops.......) So I followed her, and she showed me the one the last Katimavik group had used. Then I went back and took down the other one, and put up a new background for the teacher who's broad it was.

I went back to the library for a bit, and finished the shelving. It was past 5pm at this point, but I still went and put up the new bulletin broad. Then I spotted Talia, and she and I talked with Doris for a bit.

On the way home, I bought a kit-kat and a white maccodamine nut cookie, both of which I finshed before reaching the house....-.-"

At home, we got our $14, and Chris had every one develop their competency action plan. (I should work on mine.......O.o)

Dinner was meat cassorle with lettuce salade.

Then. because we weren't able to volunteer at the Helix concert, we went (and actually made it!!!!!!!!) to the youth center! The katima-group played basketball together, and that was pretty fun. Then the locals kicked us off so they could use the full court for this game I'd never heard of called "full court knock-out" .......I think....
We went over to the coaches, and watched people playing mortal combat (now I know what the song on my player is actually from!!! XD), then we even got turns!!! I really liked watching that game, it was WAY more entertaining then the shooter games, although the blood effects were really fake. Haha, but it was still good. When I got to play, I didn't know any of the controls, so I just spaz played, (what I usually do for video games) and I actually won the 1st round......as well as freaking everybody out........I guess I just got to into it. *shrugs* It was fun though.

After that, we swung by the arena where the Helix concert was happening, just to see what was up. Faber Drive was outside, so we got a chance to talk to them and stuff, which was pretty cool. They all seem really nice. I also got to talk with one of (if not the only?) guitar technician. Tomorrow was gonna be his first show with Faber Drive, so I wished him luck.

Back home, brandon had made some chocolate chip-mint cookies (he is STILL sick, so he wasn't allowed to go out with us) and Gordon and Catherine shared a blueberry pancake with me. >//<

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah! I've been following your blog with great interest -- and I'm so glad that the Lib Sci course helped you out! :)

    ReplyDelete