Monday, September 12, 2011

Chisasibi Week Seven: Day 1: Aug 18: Face painting, Pants, and Faber Drive!

UP at 6:45am. Had a shower. Ate oatmeal/red river with chocolate chips and honey bunches of oats. Bread that Gordon had made, which reminded me of carrot cake, that I ate  with butter. Had tea!

At work, I did work on the bulletin broad, shelved books, organized the managa section,and re-shelved some DVDs and videos. Then we started re-organizing the multi-media room. Naydine wanted to start doing it now, so that in January it is easier to move out the primary section. So we moved all the primary stuff to one side, and separated the French from the English. It was a really big task, and I felt bad that I would'nt be there that afternoon, so I stayed and worked through lunch till I got to the point where I couldn't keep working for lack of space.

Lunch was a sandwich with PB., honey and currants, and an apple.

After lunch, Chris picked us up, and we all went to the ball-field again, this time to paint faces. WE were there for almost 5hrs! It was okay for the most part, but I got a bit upset when some of the kids washed off their face paint, then came back to get new stuff. But I got to use this really super nice paint brush, so it all evened out, I guess. (Yes, we were actually "painting" their faces XD although we were using wax-based paints XP)

Stacy came by after work and helped too. Catherine also came by with work, then stopped by again after. Chris also brought Gordon over, and he helped with the jail-game fundraiser thing, where you could pay money to get people arrested. XD

I got to eat a steak, with potato salad and a piece of baked potato, which was super tasty. After we packed up, I looked at the merchandise they were selling, and I ended up buying a pair of yoga pants for $30. They are very comfy, and are gray with "CHISASIBI" written across the back in white. (....yeah.........but they are really nice pants!!!!! >//<)

Back home, dinner was meat balls, rice, and some garden salad.

Then we all ran off to do security at the Faber Drive concert. Except for Julia, Cindy and Brandon, who were all home sick. When we got to the arena, they told us that we were gonna be standing in a line, to make sure people form the stands didn't jump the side-broads into the floor seat area, 'cause floor seats were more expensive. Stacy came in her Katimavik shirt and helped out, which was good 'cause we were down 3 people.

The concert was good. I haven't been to many lives, but it seemed pretty standard. They did a lot of cover songs, I think. I know they defiantly did a couple, and then they played some songs I knew, but didn't think were theirs so *shrugs* They had a new song, which was super cool!!! And there was one song where the guitarist sang the course and AH! He is my fav by far. XD Although everyone else was super good too!!! Especially the drummer.......XD

Vincent ended up going home sick, and Stacy left before the concert ended.

After it ended, we all went outside for an air break, while the band signed autographs. Catherine ran off, and came back with strawberry ice-cream that she shared with everyone, and I got to talk with Summer and her friends, which was really nice. ^_^

We went back in to see about getting a picture with the band, and were told to go stand by the van if we wanted to try and get any, So we went outside, and looked all over the place, only to find out the van wasn't there yet. (we saw it drive up. *rolls eyes*)  We did get to talk with the band for a bit though, and got some photos.  But seriously, these guys are really genuine, they weren't arrogant or anything! I really want to try and support them, and they are Canadian! Mostly from Vancouver even!!!! Except the drummer, I think he was from Ottawa...maybe.....

Oh yeah, the name of their new song is "Life is Waiting."

>//< My b-day is tomorrow!!!!!! I need to remember to call home. XP

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, you don't have to publish this comment, but just read it yourself: your Poet's "Cornor" should be Poet's "Corner", and "crave" our names should be "carve" our names

    ReplyDelete